Sunday 16 July 2017

Quick Update Rooms


I've been working on more maps and models to throw into the game. First map to drop is most likely the classroom, but that isn't the only one I've been working on. The classroom specifically will be a nice addition for when I plan for events. Most of your school activity can be confined to the classroom, which is useful for these early stages when the alternative would have been a large empty and primitive school building. That doesn't mean I don't plan on making the rest of the school. I think adding this to the game will be good for establishing a proper rhythm to follow for the gameplay.

In other news, I played a bit of lightning returns, I can guarantee the time system won't be like that game.

2 comments:

  1. Would have been fine to use placeholders found online for now and continue to focus on mechanics, but well progress is progress. Though I hope the bedroom is looking a bit more detailed now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Working with 3D modeling is pretty relaxing, and a needed diversion in order to avoid tunnel visioning while working on the code. Consider this a stepping stone for the implementation of the third resource in the game, knowledge. Which will be used to pass the exam and other events.

      The thing with a lot of the free assets on the unity store, is that they come with their own small annoyances to fix. And yes, the bedroom is getting some work done to it too.

      As always thank you for keeping an eye on the project and commenting, I really appreciate it.

      Delete